Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Vacation Mode"

So I just put my Etsy shop on "Vacation Mode" and I feel a little defeated. Like, I can't do it all and here is the proof. It's not like I was really in it anymore anyway. We have been so busy and with Luke being in Iowa, I never had time to take pictures and list new items. I have an abundance of items that need to be listed but it all needs to be packed away and put into storage so we can stage our house.
Our realtor came last Saturday and informed us that the market is not pretty (not that we didn't know that) and that for our style of house in particular (a rambler with an addition) interest will be limited. Ugh. We have a laundry list of things to do to prepare our house to show. This includes "declutter"ing our house. Her words.
So all of my Etsy inventory, that has overtaken our guest room and my workroom in the basement, needs to disappear. I am sad but I also feel like I will be able to come back with new energy. I think moving to Iowa will rejuvenate me in a way that will be very good for my shop.
I am excited about this move and anticipate something...big. I don't know what and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment but I have this gut feeling that this is where I am supposed to be. Maybe it's just that I am letting go of whatever it was that was holding me back before and now I'm really going to go for it.
Since opening my Etsy shop I have a glimmer of confidence and motivation that I have never had before. I feel like this is something that I could be good at. If I really apply myself I might even be successful! Really good things are around the corner for me and for my family.
So my shop is on "Vacation mode" even though this is no vacation for me. I'm just going to take things one day at a time. I am taking deep breathes, and trying to keep Luke calm as well. We are hoping to put our house on the market by November 1st or at the latest mid November because Luke has to report to work on January 5th.
Putting Etsy on the back burner will be good for me in the long run. I can't wait to open up the boxes when we settle in to our new home and see all my babies again!

No comments: