Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vintage Vittles Vednesday

In my unfulfilled dream of living a vintage life, I cook all my families meals in vintage pots, serve them only in vintage dishes, and eat them solely from vintage dinnerware. The meal being prepared atop a vintage range/oven combo and eaten at our vintage table complete with vintage linens. A girl can dream.
You may be wondering what sort of delicious delicacies I would make in said vintage life (or not, if you read the title of this post). Why, vintage ones, of course! A true collector, such as myself, must amass an appropriate collection of vintage cook books and recipes.
I would like to share a recipe with you today that I found very amusing. Hopefully you, too, can find some humor in this ridiculous beverage. I found it under the subcategory "Man-Pleasing Appetizers"!

"POW!"
2 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth (bouillon)
1 cup water
1 1/4 tsp. horseradish
1/4 tsp dill weed

Heat all ingredients to simmering, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with celery "swizzle sticks."

6 servings (about 1/2 cup each)

I know my man enjoys sipping meat flavored beverages while smoking his pipe in front of the fire on a cold autumn night. Now, go please your man! ;p

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like something I would actually like... is that weird?