Friday, March 4, 2011

Busy, busy

Sorry it's been so long. We've been pretty busy. Things are slowing down and we are getting settled into our new home. WE LOVE IT! The kids are so happy! Liam has told me more than once "Me wuv my new house momma." Pictures coming soon!
It is actually slightly bigger than our old house but there are fewer rooms so I have had to make some things work. We used to have a breakfast nook (I called it our cafe) and a dining room. Now we have an "eat-in kitchen." Our cafe table is now in the basement for playing games and doing kids projects. We no longer have a four seasons room so I have to sell my beloved vintage couch :(.
There are other things too, that we just don't need or have a place for. You know what that means...GARAGE SALE! Ugh, I am just so worn out. I thought about selling the big stuff on Craigslist and giving the toys and other small things away but Craigslist is a lot of work too...We can hardly walk through the garage so something has to happen. We shall see.
I am working on getting my etsy shop items ready to list and organizing my new etsy room so that I can take some pictures. I am hoping to have my shop open by the middle of the month. I can't wait!

Liam is getting really creative and has a fantastic imagination. I love to watch him pretend with his toys. He also seems to really enjoy Amelia lately. He always wants her to come play with him and since he's pretty good about sharing, she seems to like playing with him too. They also fight. Liam gets mad and makes her cry and then she gets mad and runs away. Then he begs her to come back and play. It's exhausting.
Amelia is saying a few new things. She been saying momma and dada, but now she says hi, bye and all-done. She can point to different features on her face, her belly button, feet, etc. She also points out different animals in books.
We've had some tough moments in the last couple of months but things are getting back to normal and the kids are doing really well. Luke and I are feeling more relaxed and we are meeting some great people.
Lovin' Iowa!

1 comment:

AmieeAya said...

thanks for the update sarah! i'm taking a blog break but it's so nice to hear how you're doing and what the kids are up to. miss you lots, we will come and visit you guys when we can!
amiee